Saturday, February 16, 2008
After numerous nights sans sleep, I'm proud to announce the release of NYC24: BODY, the online news magazine I helped edit and build.
Check it out!
Here's our press release:
NYC24.com Launches The Body Issue
Real stories, reported from New York City
Feb. 15, 2008 -- The New Media Workshop at the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism announces the latest issue of NYC24.com, an online news magazine, http://nyc24.com
NYC24 (pronounced "N-Y-C-two-four") brings you eight feature stories about NYC, centered around the theme of BODY. This collection of multi-media stories burst with the strange, sexy and fun things people do with their bodies. The site is entirely conceptualized, reported, shot, produced and edited by the students.
Editors for BODY:
LISA BIAGIOTTI, PHILIP CAULFIELD, KENAN DAVIS, ELIZABETH R. STARK
In this issue:
* An Afro-Brazillian martial art draws new devotees by ELSA BUTLER & CHANNTAL FLEISCHFRESSER
* Circus performing or yoga -- how 'bout both? by LISA BIAGIOTTI, PHILIP CAULFIELD, KENAN DAVIS & ELIZABETH R. STARK
* Craig Hormann's Ivy-league path to the NFL by DAVE BURDICK & ANTHONY VANGER
* New York's Tall Club: Do you measure up? by TOM DAVIS & SYDNEY BEVERIDGE
* Make your skin bling with sub-dermal piercing by KATYA SOLDAK & VERONICA ZARAGOVIA
* Sword-swallowers show us how it's done (hint: don't drink) by MATTHEW P. MOLL & YIAN HUANG
* The ultimate three-minute love affair: Tango by KAREN ZRAICK & JAY CORCORAN
* Burlesque: Fabulously fit at any size by SANDRA LARRIVA & MATHILDE PIARD
Visit us at http://nyc24.com